Word of mouth is always, always the best advertising. That’s why I’m looking for a few dozen enthusiastic and well-connected folks to be part of the book launch team for my soon-to-be-released Captured Secrets.
About the Book
After her parents die in a horrific car accident, Sydney Moomaw is thrust into running their popular guest ranch in eastern Washington. She discovers that her parents were keeping secrets. Why is the ranch in serious debt? Why did her parents allow the insurance to lapse? Why didn’t they tell her about it? And where are their wills? Sydney needs to figure out a way to save the ranch she loves before her sister sells it.
Photographer Trey Hardy arrives at the ranch the same day Sydney’s parents are killed. His working vacation plans change when he decides to help Sydney save the ranch. But, his offers to help are met with resistance. Her stubbornness and independence are both maddening and alluring.
Amid the tangle of finances, tensions with her sister, and her own grief and anger, Sydney begins getting threatening notes. They must be from her abusive ex-husband, but he’s in jail. Isn’t he? When a teenager appears at the ranch insisting she is Sydney’s daughter, Sydney finally realizes she’d going to have to start trusting people to help her. Will Trey’s plan work? Can they save her beloved ranch? Can she really have the life she’s dreamed of?
“Brimming with suspense and adventure, Captured Secrets, is a love story I’ll not soon forget. An engrossing tale with all the twists and turns that make a contemporary Western so hard to put down.” Debra Whiting Alexander, Award-winning author of Zetty
“Carmen Peone writes the west with grit, grace, and an authentic voice.” Dalyn Weller, author of The Rancher’s Surprise, Second Chance.
“Sydney Moomaw is a tough cookie. She’s internalized past trauma so she can be strong for everyone else. Life keeps tossing her obstacles, but Sydney is surrounded by faith, friends, and family.” Linda Ulleseit, award-winning author of The Aloha Spirit.
“Peone portrays the complications of abuse with a deft hand. She’s crafted a strong, triumphant heroine and a hero who will capture your heart. Readers will cheer every mile of their difficult journey to love.” Pam Nowak, award-winning historical romance author.
What is a Launch Team
A Launch Team’s goal is to create as much buzz about Captured Secrets as possible. The message of a book can reach and bless multitudes of readers. And you can be a part of spreading that message!
5 Reasons to Join My Launch Team Today
- A PDF of my book – Captured Secretshas the potential to change lives. Help me fight to get this book into the hands of readers to support victims of domestic violence, their friends, and family. Together, we can spread the word that victims are not alone and there is help, hope, and healing.
- A free book– Every member of the launch team will receive a printed, signed copy of the book from me.
- New connections with some awesome people – Exclusive access to a private Facebook group, where we’ll share promotion ideas and you’ll have direct contact with me.
- Lots of perks and giveaways– Each week, those who’ve completed the weekly launch task will be entered to win a special prize. PLUS, a few little thank you gifts from me to the active team members.
- My sincerest gratitude– I can’t get the word out about Captured Secrets. But I need help. And I will be so thankful to everyone who lends a hand.
What are the Expectations of the Members?
Yes, it’s fun and you get stuff. But you may be wondering what would be expected of you as a launch team member. What will YOU be asked to do?
You can help in one area, a few, or all, based on what your schedule allows. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the ways launch team members can potentially help:
- Join the Captured Secrets Facebook group – Since this is where all the launch activities will happen, this is required. (You will receive a link to the group after you fill out the application.)
- Social Media – I will provide everything you need to share. We’d love for team members to share 1 to 2 times a week (or more!) on Facebook and any other social media platform where you are active. I will be sharing some of my own graphics on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. I’d love for you to share those when you can!
- Reviews – Review of the books on Amazon, Goodreads, BookBub are always helpful!
- Guest blog – If you have a website or blog, I would love to be your guest. I could provide a topical guest post and a book for a giveaway.
- Preorders – Although launch team members will receive a signed copy of the book from me, preorders will help push the book up in the rankings on release day. If you have someone who would enjoy getting the book as a gift, a preorder would be helpful!
Launch activities will begin the last two weeks of February and continue through the launch date, set for March 7th. It’s important you join the Captured Secrets Facebook launch page so you will know what I’m doing and when. You can pop in only when you have time. And after the book is fully launched, that group will end.
Want to Apply to Help?
The number of spots on the launch team are limited. So, if you would like to help, fill out and submit the application below today! I will let you know as soon as possible.